We’re excited to announce that the expert 10 chapter guide, “Great e-Learning content from A to Z” is now complete. It’s based on a series of live webinars where Michael Sheyahshe, an e-Learning expert with over 2 decades of experience, provided a professional guidance through the whole process of crafting a course — from initial roadmap to final content distribution.
The guide will be of great value for those who are new to instructional design and want to create awesome eLearning projects systematically. And even if you’re a seasoned professional, you’re bound to find something new and useful.
Start with the first chapter which advises on what to consider even before opening an authoring tool to avoid any future pitfalls.
And just in case you prefer watching videos, we have webinar recordings for you too.
Lesson 1. Quickstart: e-Learning Design & Content Roadmap
- Overview of instructional design for e-Learning and various methodologies
- Intro to course roadmap
- Before you open PPT. What should be considered?
Lesson 2. SMEs, Stakeholders, & Roles: What You Should Know
- Understanding subject matter expert, or SME, roles and importance
- Managing expectations on both sides
- Becoming an advocate for learners
Lesson 3. Copy! Writing Essentials for Authoring On-screen Content & Narration Scripts
- Creating textual content for each slide
- Write narration scripts to be read aloud
Lesson 4. Action! Tips & Tricks for Audio/Video Narration & Editing
- Getting ready to record
- Tips for recording
- Editing audio/video files
Lesson 5. Inquiring Minds: Creating Enhanced Learner Assessments
- Review of different assessment & knowledge check types
- Considerations for interactive results/scoring
- Which tests best fit which content and how they can be used
Lesson 6. Attention Please! Creating Interactive & Immersive Content
- How to engage learners with increased interactivity
- When it is beneficial to use branching scenarios in your content
- Creating branching scenarios
Lesson 7. Practical Application: UI/UX Best Practices for e-Learning
- Overview of User Interface / User Experience best practices
- How to implement these in your e-Learning content
Lesson 8. Touch Ups: Ensure Efficacy, Viability, & Accessibility in Your Content
- Accessibility standards and other ways to ensure efficacy and viability
- Analyzing course results
- Content update to increase retention
Lesson 9. Share Content: What Are Your Options?
- Publishing your content
- Sharing content in iSpring Cloud
- Leveraging iSpring Learn LMS
Lesson 10. Best in Show: Final Thoughts, Tips, & Examples of How to Push Content Further
- Review of existing content, available resources, and interactions
- Tips for pushing your content further
About the expert
Michael Sheyahshe is an Artist, Author, Developer, and Technologist at alterNative Media. He has almost 2 decades of experience in the design and development of interactive media, tools, simulations, and games for federal, state, and corporate entities, utilizing various e-Learning methodologies.
Specialties: Serious games, 3d modeling, 2d, design, layout, illustration, simulation, instructional design, augmented reality, sketch, and much more.
Michael has already presented several useful webinars with us. You can watch the recordings here:
- VR Made Easy: Create Virtual Reality without Breaking the Bank
- How to Choose an Authoring Tool: Essential Checklist
- Create more advanced content using iSpring, right out of the box. This video became our most viewed webinar on YouTube!
We’ll be happy to see you at the webinars! If you have any questions, just drop a line to our community manager Polina Khizhnyak, and she’ll be happy to help you.