Do you think it’s daunting to deliver training videos to all your staff? Nothing of the sort! You can convert any of your MP4 files to SCORM format and upload them to your LMS to share with your learners and track their completion status.
Now, we’re going to show you how to turn an MP4 video into SCORM with the iSpring Suite toolkit. If you still don’t have it, you can download the course authoring software for free right now.
A Step-by-Step Walkthrough
Watch the recording or skip to the article if you prefer reading.
- Open iSpring Suite and choose the Courses tab. Click New Course to start a project.
- Find the Insert tab on the PowerPoint ribbon and click the Video drop-down arrow. You can add an online video from YouTube or another website, or upload a file from your computer. To insert an MP4 video from your computer, choose Video on My PC.
- After you open the file, you might need to make a few small adjustments to make sure your video fits the slide the way you want it to. To adjust the size, simply drag the corners of the video.
Note: If you want to verify learners’ understanding of the content, add quiz questions after the video. To do this, you need to create a new slide, head on over to the iSpring Suite tab, and choose Quiz.
- When everything is ready, click on Publish on the iSpring Suite tab.
- Select the LMS tab. Now, you can customize your publishing options.
6. Click on Universal (Full) to open the Customize Player window. To make sure that only the video will be displayed, select Player and choose None (Slide only) in the drop-down menu. Don’t forget to save your selection by clicking Apply & Close.
- Make sure your video is at full quality. Choose Quality from the LMS tab and select a preset. You can also change the image, video, and audio compression manually by adjusting the quality sliders.
- Check out the SCORM settings and, if necessary, change them. To do this, head on over to the LMS profile menu and choose the eLearning standard (SCORM 1.2 or SCORM 2004) which your system supports.
Each standard has its own set of customizations. You can change your course name, lesson title, description, and identifier, and add keywords.
By clicking Customize on this tab, you can also change your progress and completion options — customize the report status to the LMS, select the items to be graded, choose a total score, and set timeouts.
- After you save the changes, click on Publish. You’ll get a ZIP file for uploading to any SCORM-compliant LMS.
iSpring Suite is not just an MP4-to-SCORM converter. It has a professional video studio that allows you to record video from your screen and/or webcam. You can create screencasts with narration, software tutorials with annotations, video lectures, and professional training videos. Take a look at this video lesson created with iSpring:
With iSpring Suite, you can also build online courses with quizzes, interactions, and dialogue simulations, and publish them for your LMS.
Try iSpring Suite for free for 30 days and explore all its features right now.