Do you think it would be a daunting task to deliver training videos to your entire staff? Nothing of the sort! You can convert a video into SCORM format, upload it to your LMS to share with your learners, and track their completion status.
Now, we’re going to show you how to turn an MP4 video into SCORM format with the iSpring Suite toolkit. If you still don’t have it, you can download the course authoring software for free right now.
How to Convert Video (MP4 or AVI) into SCORM – A Step-by-Step Walkthrough
You can watch the recording or continue reading the article.
- Open iSpring Suite and choose the Courses tab. Click New Course to start a project.
- Find the Insert tab on the PowerPoint ribbon and click the Video drop-down arrow. You can add an online video from YouTube or another website, or upload a file from your computer. To insert an MP4 video from your computer, choose Video on My PC.
- After you open the file, you might need to make a few small adjustments to make sure your video fits the slide the way you want it to. To adjust the size, simply drag the corners of the video.
Note: If you want to verify learners’ understanding of the content, add quiz questions after the video. To do this, you need to create a new slide, head on over to the iSpring Suite tab, and choose Quiz.
- Now that you’re ready to turn your AVI or MP4 to SCORM, click Publish on the iSpring Suite tab.
- Select the LMS tab. Now, you can customize your publishing options.
- Click on Universal (Full) to open the Customize Player window. To make sure that only the video will be displayed, select Player and choose None (Slide only) in the drop-down menu. Don’t forget to save your selection by clicking Apply & Close.
- Now make sure your video is at the highest quality, because once you turn your MP4 to SCORM, you won’t be able to make any adjustments. Choose Quality from the LMS tab and select a preset. You can also change the image, video, and audio compression manually by adjusting the quality sliders.
- Check out the SCORM settings and change them, if needed. To do this, head on over to the LMS profile menu and choose the eLearning standard (SCORM 1.2 or SCORM 2004) that your system supports.Each standard has its own set of customizations. You can change your course’s name, lesson title, description, and identifier, and add keywords.