Enrollments are a new iSpring Learn feature which enables you to enroll users into courses, assignments, longreads, presentations, and other content types.
Creating an enrollment starts with choosing a content item. Select a content item to assign to your students in one of three ways:
- On the Edit Course page, open the Enrollments tab. Then, click the Enroll Users button.
- The alternative is to check a content item in the Courses section and click the Enroll Users link in the upper menu. This way will be useful in case you want to choose multiple items for enrollment.
- The third way is to right-click a course and select Enroll Users in the context menu. You can also choose multiple courses and click Enroll Users in the context menu.
In the opened window, go ahead and create the enrollment.
Step I: Courses
At this step, the following actions are available:
- Viewing content items which you have chosen to assign.
- Adding extra courses to the list of assigned items.
To do this, click the search bar, choose needed content items and hit the Add button.
- Deleting content from the list. Click a cross next to a course or click the Delete All link if you want to empty the list completely.
As soon as the content list is ready to be assigned, click Next or select the Users step.
Step II: Users
At the Users step, build a list of learners who will study content.
- Start entering the name, last name, login, or email of a user and left-click the matching option.
- If you can’t locate the needed learner, use the Advanced Search option.
Here, the following filters are available:
• Last Name
• Other required profile fields
Assign courses to users belonging to a specific department or multiple departments. For instance, assign the Rules of Effective Negotiating course to the entire Sales department.
Also, you can choose an entire group of users to get enrolled in studying a course. Let’s say, you can enroll all learners from the SMM group into the Setting Up Ad Targeting course.
Filtering by other parameters works the same way. Sort users by a specific value and assign the courses to pass.
- To remove a user from the list, click the cross next to their name. If you want to empty the list completely, click Delete All.
To go on to the next step, hit Next or click the Parameters step.
Step III: Parameters
At this step, you can set up the start date and time of studying content and specify the completion date.
- Click the calendar icon in the Start date field. In the opened calendar, select date and time and click OK.
- The second parameter that you can change in this window — the due date. The following options are available:
Use course settings — the value from the Availability tab is auto-populated.
By Date — you set up the time and date by which the content item should be completed.
For a period — specify the number of days, weeks, months, or years your learners may take to complete the course. Note: a month always has 30 days, and a year — 365 days.
No Due Date — the content item is not time-limited, and your students can study it as long as they want.
- If you need to apply the completion settings to all assigned items, check Apply to All.
In this case, the completion date will be the same for all assigned courses.
When you successfully complete all these steps, click the Enroll button. Now all your students will receive a notification in the user portal and to their email address. Also, the assigned content will appear in the To Do section of the user portal, and students may start studying it.
You can also edit and cancel enrollments, reset their progress, or export all of them to a CSV file.