To save time, you can add a list of users from an Excel file. This option will come in handy if you want to bulk upload your user database exported from your accounting system or when you need to transfer a large number of users to another group or department.
Add all necessary information about the users into the template. To make the importing feature work correctly, you should keep the original file structure intact.
2. If you want to add inactive users, put No into the Active column.
5. The department ID can be checked and copied when editing a department.
6. Every user can be added to an unlimited number of groups, and each of the groups requires a separate column to be created.
7. Let's say the import file contains existing account users and has some Group columns (populated or empty). After the importing process is complete, those users will be excluded from the groups they previously belonged to and will be added to the groups specified in the Group columns.
9. The Group or Add to Group columns cannot be used simultaneously. The importing process when using both the Group or Add to Group columns will fail and you will see an error message.
11. Users imported from an Excel file can be added only to standard groups, not smart groups. If you put a smart group name in the Group or Add to Group column, users will be successfully imported, but won't be assigned to the specified smart group.
12. There are two ways to set up passwords for newly imported users: