When you open the Audio Editor, the timeline will be scaled so that an audio clip fits it without scrolling. That's a convenient starting point, but when editing, you may need to zoom to a specific part of the clip.
To scale a timeline:
- Hover the mouse pointer over the timeline.
- Scroll the mouse wheel to change the timeline scale.
Use the Plus and Minus buttons in the bottom right corner of the Editor window to adjust the scale.
There is also a quick way to scale the timeline to maximize a selected place and zoom out to show the entire clip.
To zoom in to a selected place:
- Select a period on the timeline that you want to zoom into.
- On the toolbar, click Zoom Selection.
To zoom out to show the entire clip:
- Click the Show all button on the toolbar.