In the People area, click the User Profile Fields tab. Here you can add, edit and remove user profie fields.
Adding a New Profile Field
To add a new field:
- Click on the text Click here to add a new field under the list of the existing fields.
- Type a name for the new field and click Enter on the keyboard.
- The new field will be added to the list of the existing profile fields. Choose a field type from the drop-down menu: Text, Email or List.
Table 2. Field types
Plain text field.
Only a valid email address can be typed in this field.
This field type is displayed as a drop-down menu with values, which you will be asked to enter separated with commas.
Select the Active option. All active user profile fields will appear to administrators on the edit user page and to new users when they are registering themselves in iSpring Learn LMS.
Select the Required checkbox. If you make a field required, the user cannot submit the registration form without filling out that field. The required fields will be marked with an asterisk (*).
- Click Save to confirm the changes.
To change the order of user account fields:
- Drag and drop the field name
Deleting a Field
To delete a user account field:
- Click the Remove in the field row on the right
- Click OK in the dialog window, to confirm the deletion.
Editing User Profile Fields
To edit an existing field:
- Click the Edit icon in the field row
- Edit the field.
- Click Save to apply the changes or Cancel roll back.
Under the field name, you can find the Field ID.
The Field ID can be used as a variable in certificates and emails. It is automatically replaced with the variable value when a user opens a certificate or an email.
You can specify any Field ID for all new custom fields that you created.
For the pre-set fields like First Name, Last Name, Email, Country, the Field ID cannot be changed.
When you insert variables in the emails, use % sign before and after the variable (%FIRST_NAME%).
To learn more about using variables in certificates, please read the Creating a certificate article.