You can select a language version the user portal will be displayed in. There are Russian, English, German, Spanish, Portuguese, and French languages preinstalled in iSpring Learn.
If you want to translate the user interface to a language that is not available in the system yet, add a new localization.
To start managing localizations in your iSpring Learn account, open the Settings menu, click the Additional Options tab, and select Language.
Learn how to:
- Add a new localization
- Download and edit a translation file
- Alter a localization
- Select a default language
- View a localization
- Delete a language version
Adding a New Localization
To add a new language version of the user portal:
- Click Add Localization on the Language page.
- In a new popup window, fill out the Title field.
- Browse for a translation CSV or Excel (XLSX) file with translated or edited texts.
- Select organizations you want to show the new localization to.
- Click Add to save changes.
Please check the video tutorial on how to import a new language from an Excel file.
Downloading and Editing a Translation File
To translate the user portal to a new language, you need to create a translation file and upload it to the system. The file should contain translations of all labels, messages, and texts.
Download a sample file (CSV or XLSX ) on the Language page and make changes to the template. After that, download the file while adding a new localization or editing an existing one.
To edit a CSV file, you may use any programs supporting Unicode like Notepad, OpenOffice, or Microsoft Excel. The best way to work with an XLSX file is in Microsoft Excel.
Learn more about CSV format in this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma-separated_values
Editing a Localization
- Click the Edit icon next to the language version title.
- In the new window, browse for a new translation file (CSV or Excel) and click Save to apply the changes.
- Additionally, you can update the language title and selected organizations.
English, French, and Portuguese localizations cannot be edited or removed. If you want to change texts for these language versions, follow instructions:
- Click the Download CSV icon related to one of the above mentioned localizations.
- The file download will start. After it's downloaded, make changes to the texts.
- Add a new localization and download the altered translation file to it.
- Choose the new localization as a default one.
Choosing a Default Language
English is chosen as a default language for the user portal.
To change a default localization and use a new language for the entire user portal, select a radio button in the Default column next to the desired language.
Previewing a Localization
To preview changes made to the texts:
- Click the Preview icon for the desired localization.
- A localized dashboard of the user portal will be opened in a new tab.
Deleting a Language Version
To remove a language version:
- Click the Delete icon.
- In the Delete localization window, click Delete.