The purpose of this page is to choose the report parameters.
Follow the steps below to generate a report:
- Select an object for your report.
You can select a quiz or multiple quizzes for Quiz Reports, a content item or multiple items for Content Reports, a user or a group or multiple users and groups for People Reports).
- Specify additional report parameters.
These may vary from report to report. Here is what you may be asked to specify:
- Organization and group - select a user group and organization in this drop-down menu to focus your report on.
- User - several reports may ask you to specify a certain user in a group selected from the "Group" drop-down menu.
- Date range - you may narrow down your report to a certain time span (last year, last quarter, last month, last week, yesterday). There is also an option to generate a report for a custom date range.
- Click Run Report.
You will be redirected to the report page. For more information, see View Report.
If you select the Show report below checkbox at Step 3, the report will be displayed directly under the report form.
Tips for Using Reports
The "Generate report" page also allows you to change the chosen report type without returning to the "Reports" page. Just select another report type in the drop-down menu Change Report Type. The page will be updated automatically to request parameters for the new report.
If you have a lot of content items, it may be listed on the n-th page, so you may have to browse pages to locate it. In this case it'll be more convenient to use filters to locate your content item.
To use a filter:
- Start typing a name of the item you want to find in the Search text.
Whenever this field is modified, the system updates a list or a table to display only those elements, which names contain the characters you typed.
To clear a filter:
- Delete all characters you typed in the text field.
Moreover, you can select the Show archived items checkbox to show deleted items (content, users, groups, organizations). This way you can run reports even on deleted items.