Account Owner, Account Administrators, and Department Administrators can send messages to Learners.
Learners can reply to messages but don't have permission to start a chat on their own. However, if there's an expert assigned to a course, students can send them their questions.
Messaging Between Administrators and Learners
- If a user has received a new message, they will see a notification in the Messages area.
- To open the chat, click on it. The conversation will be opened in the right part of the page.
Write your answer and hit the Forward icon.
- If you no longer need the correspondence, delete it.
Note: you can delete the entire chat, not individual messages.
Messaging between Experts and Learners
Learners can send messages to an expert and receive feedback from them.
To contact an expert, go to the course page.
Then, click the Contact the Expert link.
Make sure that private messaging is enabled. If exchanging messages is switched off in the account, the expert photo will still be visible with no option to contact.
- On the Messages page, students can write a message to the expert and send it.
- The expert will see a notification about a new message in the Messages section.
If the expert has been unassigned from the content item, deactivated, or removed from the account, the chat with them will be kept.