The Learner Results report is an easy and convenient way to find out how a selected employee studies their assigned courses.
Running a Report
Open the Reports section, click Learner Progress, and the report will be opened on the same page.
- In the Learner Progress report, check the user whose result you want to view. Then click the Learner Results button.
- A new Learner Results report will open on the same page. This represents the progress of a specific user.
A summary of the entire report will appear above the table with the results.
Level of student training. To calculate this value, the number of completed enrollments is divided by the total number of user enrollments.
The number of completed courses.
The number of courses that a user started to take, but didn't view till the end.
The number of not-started courses.
The number of courses with due dates that have already expired.
- If there were some filters applied to the Learner Progress report, they will be kept in the newly opened Learner Results report.
- Only content items that are already assigned to the user are shown in the report. Courses planned to be assigned in accordance with autoenrollment rules won't be displayed.
- The report includes only courses listed in the general Courses list. Content items included in the courses, dialogs, and quizzes inserted in iSpring Suite-created presentations won't appear in the report.
- Deleted courses aren't available in the report.
When the data in the report is abundant, you may want to use filters to hide useless or irrelevant information. The following filters are available for the Learner Results report:
- User (a non-removable default filter)
- Course Name (a non-removable default filter)
- Start Date (a non-removable default filter)
- Completion Date
- Due Date
Let's try and apply a filter to the report. For example, click on the Status filter and select Complete. The report will display only those courses which the user has already passed.
In the Course Name filter, you can select up to 10 courses.
As soon as the report is generated, add some extra columns to it, or remove unneeded ones. Let's add the Type column and delete the Due Date column. The report results will be immediately updated.
Actions over Courses
Proceed to edit courses or run reports on them. The reports can be generated only for compiled courses, not for standalone content items.
- Select a course in the report and choose the option desired.
- Select the Completion Details option to access the Course Details report. You will see how this specific user advanced through the chosen course.
- Click the Manage Course button, and you will be redirected to the course editing page.
- Click on the Learner's Enrollment History button to access the Enrollment History report. By default, it will show all the user's enrollments for all time (any time filter added to the Learner Results report will be ignored).
Managing Data in the Report
The report may contain a lot of data, and you might need to sort this data based on a certain parameter or quickly navigate the report.
- Items under any of the report columns can be organized. To do this, click the column title.
For instance, let's sort the report results by the Course Name column. Depending on the arrow direction, courses will be displayed in alphabetical order or vice versa.
The sorting works in a similar way for all other columns. Depending on the data type, items are sorted chronologically or in ascending or descending order.
If the report includes many courses, there will be several pages in it. Swipe through the pages one by one above the report.
Or select the needed page below the report.
- To make navigation easier, select how many courses will be displayed on a page.
Exporting to CSV and XLSX
To save the results of a report, export it to a CSV or XLSX file. To do this, simply open the Export menu, then choose the needed format, and the report will be saved to the Downloads folder on your computer.
The exported file will contain current report data taking into account filters and available columns.
Learn more about this feature in the Exporting Reports article.