A new Learner Progress report is an easy and convenient way to find out how your employees study courses. With the report, you can easily check if users of a certain department have any overdue courses or how far learners have advanced through the training material.
Running a Report
Open the Reports section. Apart from standard reports, there are some new ones available here. Click the Try Now button to check out the new types of reports added to iSpring Learn.
Then, click Learner Progress and the report will be opened on the same page.
A summary of the entire report will appear above the table with the results.
Level of students' training. To calculate this value, you need to divide the number of completed enrollments by the total number of enrollments.
The number of completed courses.
The number of courses that users started to take, but didn't view till the end.
The number of not-started courses.
The number of courses whose due dates have already expired.
- By default, only active account users are shown in the report. To add blocked (inactive) users into the report, add the User Status filter and select Inactive.
- By default, the report shows all the account users including those who don't have any assigned courses (in this case, dashes are displayed under the corresponding column).
- If you apply the Start Date, Completion Date, Due Date, or Course Name filters, only users who are enrolled in courses will appear in the report.
- Department Administrator will see in the report only users belonging to the department they manage or its sub-departments.
- Only content items which are already assigned to users are shown in the report. Courses planned to be assigned in accordance with autoenrollment rules won't be displayed.
- The report includes only courses listed in the general Courses list. Content items included in the courses, dialogs and quizzes inserted in iSpring Suite-created presentations won't appear in the report.
- Deleted users and courses aren't available in the report.
When the data in the report is abundant, you may want to use filters to hide useless or irrelevant information. The following filters are available for the Learner Progress report:
Let's try and apply multiple filters simultaneously. Let's say, you would like to check how far users with the Learner role have progressed through courses assigned this month.
If you apply a filter by a course or multiple courses, the report will look a bit different. The table will contain summarized data on the courses as well as information on each item.
If in the Course Name filter you select a course with no users enrolled, it will appear in the report anyways.
As soon as the report is generated, add some extra columns to it or remove unneeded ones. The list of columns coincides with the filters.
Let's add the User Role column and delete the Completed column. The report results will immediately be updated.
Actions over Users
Proceed to edit a user profile or send messages directly from the report.
- Select a learner in the report and choose an option.
- To check a specific user's training progress, click Learner Results. You will be redirected to a new report called Learner Results. Here you will see listed all the courses the learner is currently studying or has already completed, their status, and other data you can manipulate.
If some filters were applied to the Learner Progress report, they will be kept in the Learner Results report.
- Click the Edit User button and you will be taken to a page where you can edit a user's information.
- The Message User button will redirect you to the Messages section where you can send a text message to the learner.
Managing Data in the Report
The report can contain loads of data and you may need to sort it by a certain parameter or quickly navigate in the report.
- Items under any of the report columns can be sorted. To do this, click the column title.
For instance, let's sort the report results by the Full Name column. Depending on the arrow direction, user names will be displayed in alphabetical order or vice versa.
- The sorting works in a similar way for all other columns. Depending on the data type, items are sorted chronologically or in ascending or descending order.
- If the report includes many users, there will be several pages in it. Swipe through the pages one by one above the report.
Or select the needed page below the report.
- To make navigation easier, select how many users will be displayed on a page.
Exporting to CSV and XLSX
To save results of a report, export it to a CSV pr XLSX file. To do this, simply open the Export menu, then choose the needed format and a ZIP-archive containing the report will be downloaded to the Downloads folder on your computer.
The exported file will contain current report data taking into account filters and available columns.
Learn more about this feature in the Exporting Reports article.