To save time, you can add a list of users from an Excel file. This option will come in handy if you want to bulk upload your user database exported from your accounting system or when you need to transfer a large number of users to another group or department.
- In the Users section, open the Export/Import menu and select Import Users.
- In the Import Users window, download a sample file to import new users. To do this, click the import template link and save the file to your computer.
Add all necessary information about the users into the template. To make the importing feature work correctly, you should keep the original file structure intact.
1. For inactive users, put No into the Active column and for active users, leave this column blank or put Yes into it.
2. The required columns are Login, Role, Department ID and all the required user profile fields.
3. The Email column will appear in the import file only if the Email user profile field is required.
4. In the Role column type one of the standard roles (Account Administrator, Department Administrator, Publisher, or Learner) or a custom role.
5. The department ID can be checked and copied when editing a department.
6. Every user can be added to an unlimited number of groups, and each of the groups requires a separate column to be created.
7. Users imported from an Excel file can be added only to standard groups, not smart groups. If you put a smart group name in the Group column, learners will be successfully imported, but won't be assigned to the specified smart group.
8. There are two ways to set up passwords for newly imported users:
• Add passwords into the template. The password security level can be set in the Settings section.
• Imported users will receive an invitation email (if you check that option in the Import Users window and the email addresses are added to the file). As soon as learners follow the link in the email, they will be able to set a password for their account.
- Upload the file with the user list. To do this, hit the Browse... button, select the file on your computer and click Open.
- Add an invitation message for the imported users. To do this, check Send an email invitation to enter learning portal and modify the message as you wish.
- Hit the Import button.
- After the importing process is complete, you will see a pop-up window announcing its results. Here you can copy results and possible errors. Click Done to go to the user list.
Check this video to learn how to add users to your iSpring Learn account either manually or using the Import option.