If you a list of users, import it into iSpring Learn with an Excel file. As a result of the import, new departments will be added to existing ones.
To add departments in bulk with an XLSX file:
- Open the Users section, select the Departments tab., and hit the Import button.
- In the Import Departments window, download a sample XLSX file to your computer.
- Add information about departments into the template.
In the template, there are three fields:
Department name — a required field.
Department code — an optional field (you can leave it blanc).
Parent department code — a required field.
Keep the file structure intact to make sure the import will successfully go through.
- Then go back to the Import Departments window and click Browse...
- Locate the file on your computer and click Open.
- Finally, click the Import button.
- The importing process is completed. In the Import Results window, you can copy the import statistics and hit Done.
- Departments from the Excel file are now added to the list.