Run statistics on certain events — check how many users were enrolled in them and how many of them actually attended.
The access to the Event Activity report depends on the user role.
Access to the Events report
|Account Owner||All account events|
|Account Administrator||All account events|
Events that were created by the Department Administrator and events that were added by the users from the departments they manage and their sub-departments
|Publisher||Events that were created by the Publisher and events that were added by the users from the departments they manage and their sub-departments|
Events that were created by the user with a custom role and events that were added by the users from the departments they manage and their sub-departments
Users with a custom role should have access to the event reports. To give them the access, on the Access Permissions page, select the View event reports option.
Running a Report
Open the Reports section and click Events.
- In the Events report, select an event and click Event Activity.
The Event Activity report will open up. A summary of the entire report will appear above the table with the results.
Level of selected events attendance. To calculate this value, you need to divide the total number of users registered to given events by the number of learners who attended them.
The number of learners who were registered at the event.
The total number of users who attended the event.
- The report keeps all the filters that were applied earlier to the Events report.
- The report represents a summary of all the selected events and results on each event separately.
- Department Administrator, Publisher, and users with a custom role will see in the report only users belonging to the department they manage or its sub-departments.
For example, the Developing Public Speaking Skills training was attended by 60 people from the Sales department and 20 students from the Marketing department. The Marketing department administrator will only see the statistics on 20 users in the report.
- The report contains information only on active users.
- Deleted events and statistics on removed users are displayed in the report.
When the data in the report is abundant, you may want to use filters to hide useless or irrelevant information. The following filters are available for the Events Activity report:
- Group Name
- Invitation Date
- First Name
- Last Name
- Job Position
- All user profile fields including custom ones
Let's try and apply a filter to the report. We will find out how many sales managers attended selected events.
As soon as the report is generated, add some extra columns to it, or remove unneeded ones. You can manage columns for the summary of all the events and for one specific event.
Let's add the First Name column and delete the Participation time column for all the events. The report results will immediately be updated.
Sending Messages to Users
- Select a user you would like to contact and click the Message User button.
- Now, write a message to the learner and send it.
- The message will appear in the user portal.
Managing Data in the Report
The report can contain loads of data, and you may need to sort it by a certain parameter or quickly navigate through it.
- Items under any of the report columns can be organized. To do this, click the column title.
For instance, let's sort the report results by the Full Name column. Depending on the arrow direction, user names will be displayed in alphabetical order or vice versa.
The sorting works in a similar way for all other columns. Depending on the data type, items are sorted in alphabetical order, chronologically, or in ascending or descending order.
- If the report includes many users, there will be several pages in it. Swipe through the pages one by one above the report.
Or select the needed page below the report.
- To make navigation easier, select how many users will be displayed on a page.
Exporting to CSV and XLSX
To save the results of a report, export it to a CSV or XLSX file. To do this, simply open the Export menu, then choose the needed format, and the report will be downloaded to the Downloads folder on your computer.
The exported file will contain current report data, taking into account filters and available columns.
Learn more about this feature in the Exporting Reports article.