A new Course Progress report is a convenient option to check learners' progress on one or multiple courses. You can also check the statuses of courses that have already been assigned to users.
Running a Report
Open the Reports section, click Courses, and the report will be opened on the same page.
A summary of the entire report will appear above the table with the results.
To calculate this value, you need to divide the number of completed enrollments by the total number of enrollments.
The number of completed courses.
The number of courses that users started to take, but didn't view till the end.
The number of not-started courses.
The number of courses whose due dates have already expired.
- By default, the report includes all account courses, even those that haven't been assigned to anyone.
- The report shows only the enrollments assigned to active users.
- Department Administrator, Publisher, and a user with a custom role will see all courses available in the account in the report. However, only statistics on users belonging to departments they manage and their sub-departments will be displayed in the report.
Let's say; the Sales Onboarding course is assigned only to learners from the Sales department. The administrator of the Accounting department will see the course in the report, but under the Trained column all values will be equal to 0.
- The reports only contain courses that are already assigned, not future enrollments scheduled according to automatic enrollment rules.
- Deleted courses and courses assigned to deleted users aren't displayed in the report.
When the data in the report is abundant, you may want to use filters to hide useless or irrelevant information. The following filters are available for the Course Progress report:
Let's try and apply multiple filters simultaneously. For example, if you would like to check how users from the Active Sales group are taking courses that were created last month.
In the Course Name filter, you can select up to 10 courses.
As soon as the report is generated, add some extra columns to it or remove unneeded ones.
Let's add the Course Author column and delete the Completed, In Progress, Not Started and Overdue columns. The report results will immediately be updated.
Actions over Courses
Proceed to edit courses and check the progress of users, groups, and departments right from the report.
- Select a course in the report and choose the option desired.
- If you click the Learner Progress, Department Progress or Group Progress button, one more report will be opened. You will be able to see how students, groups or departments are advancing through the course.
If some filters have been applied to the Course Progress, they will be kept in a newly opened report.
- Click the Manage Course button, and you will be redirected to the course editing page.
- Click on the Enrollment History button to access the Enrollment History report. By default, it will show all the course's enrollments for all time (any time filter added to the Course Progress report will be ignored).
Managing Data in the Report
The report may contain a lot of data, and you may need to sort it by a certain parameter or quickly navigate the report.
- Items under any of the report columns can be organized. To do this, click the column title.
For instance, let's sort the report results by the Course Name column. Depending on the arrow direction, courses will be displayed in alphabetical order or vice versa.
The sorting works in a similar way for all other columns. Depending on the data type, items are sorted alphabetically, chronologically, or in ascending or descending order.
- If the report includes many courses, there will be several pages in it. Swipe through the pages one by one above the report.
Or select the needed page below the report.
- To make navigation easier, select how many courses will be displayed on a page.
Exporting to CSV and XLSX
To save the results of a report, export it to a CSV or XLSX file. To do this, simply open the Export menu, then choose the needed format, and the report will be downloaded to the Downloads folder on your computer.
The exported file will contain current report data, taking into account filters and available columns.
Learn more about this feature in the Exporting Reports article.