To start a new recording:
- Click New Recording in the in the Quick Start window. If you want to use iSpring Cam as a component of the iSpring Suite tool, click Screen Recording on the toolbar.
- The screen recording area will pop up. Select the area that you would like to record from the menu:
- Video 16:9, 4:3,
- Fullscreen option (even for multiple monitors)
- Custom area
- Particular application
To record just a portion of your screen (custom area), choose Select area in the menu. Then, click and drag to outline the area you wish to record on the screen.
If you open iSpring Cam from the iSpring Suite tool, you have the option to record the selected slide of your PowerPoint presentation.
- Move and resize the recording area to a different location on the screen if necessary.
- To move the recording area, click and drag the central icon to a new location on the screen.
- To resize the recording area, click and drag handles around the recording area in or out.
Upon completion, iSpring Cam will show you the Preview window where you can edit your recording with iSpring Video Editor, save it as an *mp4 video file or iSpring *.screenrec. project file, and upload it to YouTube. If you open iSpring Cam from the iSpring Suite tool, you have an additional option to insert your recording right into your presentation slide.
To configure hotkeys, sound recording, mouse cursor, and other advanced options, click the Settings button on the iSpring Cam toolbar.