To start a new recording:
- Run the Free Cam application.
- Click New Recording in the in the opened window.
- The screen recording area will pop up. Select the area that you would like to record from the menu:
- Video 16:9
- Video 4:3
- Fullscreen (even for multiple monitors)
- Custom area
- Particular application
To record just a portion of your screen (custom area), choose Select area in the menu. Then, click and drag to outline the area you wish to record on the screen.
- Move and resize the recording area to a different location on the screen if necessary.
- To move the recording area, click and drag the central icon to a new location on the screen.
- To resize the recording area, click and drag handles around the recording area in or out.
- When you’re ready to start recording, click the red Start Recording button on the left side of the Free Cam toolbar.
- When you are finished, you can stop recording by clicking Done in the right side of the toolbar or the Esc key on your keyboard.
Upon completion, Free Cam will allow you to edit your recording with the Free Cam Video Editor, save it as a *.wmv video file or a *.screenrec. project file, and upload it to YouTube.
To configure hotkeys, sound recording, mouse cursor, and other advanced options, click the Settings button on the Free Cam toolbar.