You can add, edit or delete custom language versions of a User Portal.
Click the link below to get the detailed instructions:
Adding a new User Portal localization involves the following steps:
- Click the Add Localization button on the Localization page.
- In a new popup window, fill out the Title field.
- Browse for a Translation CSV or Excel (XLSX) file with translated or edited text. Please check the instructions below to learn how to create it.
- Select Organizations that you want to apply new localization to.
- Click Add to save changes.
Title Title of the localization. For example: English, French. File Indicate path to a CSV or Excel file. The file contains translation of the pages into a local language. Organization You can select an organization by ticking in checkbox next to its name. To unselect, remove the tick.The language version will be applicable to all users of the selected organizations.
Please check out the video tutorial on how to import a new language from an Excel file.
For making a localized version of a User Portal, you need to create and upload a translation file. It includes all localizable resources like labels and text in a single file for quick and easy localization.
Before, when you needed to import a language file, you had to use CSV format. Now you can import and export XLSX (Excel) files as well.
A new localized CSV file can be created by editing the downloaded CSV file with any CSV editor that supports Unicode, for example, Notepad, OpenOffice or Microsoft Excel. To edit an XLSX file, please use MS Excel.
More information about the CSV file format is available at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comma-separated_values
To edit a localization:
- Mouse over the title and click the Edit icon on the right.
- In the new window, browse for a new translation file (CSV or Excel) and click Save to apply the changes.
- Additionally, you can update a localization title and selected organizations.
Note: English localization cannot be deleted or edited.
English is set as a default language of a User Portal.
To change default localization and use a new language for the entire User Portal, select a radio button in the ‘Default’ column next to a desired language and save changes.
To preview changes, mouse over the language version title and click the Preview icon on the right. A localized dashboard of a User Portal will be opened in a new window.
To delete a localization, mouse over the language version title and click the Delete icon on the right.
Note: English localization cannot be deleted or edited. Instead, you can create a new English localization and select it as default. A default localization cannot be deleted.