Guestbook allows you to gather information about your viewers. Guestbook is available for public content only. When this feature is enabled, users are prompted to fill in a guestbook entry, and only then they can proceed to viewing a given content item.
To manage your guestbooks:
- On the Manage Course page, choose the Availability tab.
- In the Guestbook area, select Activate guestbook.
To edit a guestbook for a selected content item:
- Click Edit guestbook next to the activation checkbox.
- In the new window, enter the invitation message for users to fill in your guestbook in the guestbook text field.
- Use the drop-down menus next to guestbook fields to mark them as...
- Don't ask
- Add new fields, if necessary:
- Click in the field Click to add new option
- Enter a field name.
- Click Enter.
- Click Save Changes.
From now on, when users open a given content item, they will be asked to fill in the guestbook fields, and only then redirected to the content item.