It’s obvious that different question types, questions with video and audio files and text questions may have different layouts.
The new editor lets you select from nine built-in layouts* or create a custom layout.
Applying a Built-In Layout
By default, all questions have the Default layout applied. There are other standard built-in layouts that you can apply and use.
To apply a built-in layout to a question:
- Select a question that you want to apply a layout to
- Click Slide View on the toolbar
- On the Home tab in the Layout group click Layout
- Select the layout thumbnail from the list of the available layouts
Once you click on the layout thumbnail, the layout will automatically be applied to a question. Text blocks and media resources will be organized according to the selected layout.
Creating a Custom Layout
If you do not find any standard layout suitable for your needs, you can create a custom layout.
To create a custom layout:
- Move and resize blocks within a question slide
- Change the number of columns for answer choices
You can remove the Media block if necessary. Later, when you attach a media file to your question, the block will be recovered. The Question and Answer blocks cannot be removed since a question have to contain question text and answer choices.
Text blocks and media resources that you added to a slide can be easily moved and resized.
If you want to reset their size and position back to the initial layout state, click the Reset button on the toolbar.