You’ve just finished creating your presentation and are browsing through the slides. Have you ever thought the presentation might be improved somehow? We all know how hard it is to create a mind-enriching, engaging presentation. And if you wish to make your project look extraordinary, but at the same time you’ve been disappointed by the standardly available tools, we invite you to check out the following free PowerPoint add-ins. Hopefully these tools will help you to bewitch and persuade your audience.
1. iSpring Free – Convert Presentations to Flash, HTML5 & SCORM
iSpring Free helps turn your PowerPoint project into a convenient online presentation by converting it into Flash or HTML5 format. It also enables you to save all integrated objects (documents, media, YouTube videos) for posting output on the Internet or any learning management system compatible with the SCORM 1.2 standard. iSpring Free works with Windows 8/7/Vista/XP and PowerPoint 2007/2010 (both 32-bit and 64-bit editions).
1.1. iSpring Suite 8 – All-in-one E-Learning Authoring Tool
Want even more e-Learning power? With iSpring Suite 8, you can turn your PowerPoint presentations into full supercharged e-courses. Take a look at these beautiful demo presentations created with iSpring Suite.
- Online mobile-ready courses. Convert to HTML5, Flash, SCORM, AICC, Tin Can API, MP4 and others.
- Video lectures. Synchronize of video with presentation slides.
- Quizzes and surveys. Use 23 types of questions.
- Screen recordings and video editing. Easily record all or part of your screen.
- Conversation simulations. Efficiently train communication skills.
- Interactions. Present in a form of a flipbook, timeline or FAQ.
- Characters. Illustrate materials with various characters and backgrounds.
- Free mobile app. Content viewed even offline on Android and iOS devices.
2. Oomfo – Add Custom Charts to Your Presentations
Oomfo is a smart plugin that helps you add delightful and intelligent charts to your presentations. Oomfo’s charts stand out against the standard ones because they include specialized chart styles such as Waterfall, Pareto, Marimekko, Funnel and Pyramid. This app works with PowerPoint 2003 and higher (32-bit only).
*Please note: This add-in may interfere with the normal operation of iSpring add-ins. If you experience any abnormal behavior, please disable Oomfo and try again. For any further assistance, you’re welcome to contact iSpring Support.
3. Office Timeline – Create Schedules, Timelines and Gantt Charts
Office Timeline lets you create professional schedules, timelines and Gantt charts for project planning or tracking purposes. This tool is perfect for knowledge workers, marketers, IT professionals, and project managers. Office Timeline works with PowerPoint 2007 and higher.
4. CAVY – Match Objects’ Size, Shape and Position
CAVY provides an opportunity to swap objects’ positions, to apply uniform sizes to shapes and to copy the current selected objects to all slides at the same location.
5. QR4Office – Generate a QR Code
QR4Office is a clean, quick, and easy-to-use QR generator. It allows you to create a QR code and insert it into your presentation. Add a QR Code in your e-Learning course to let participants view additional information with rich media and download reference materials. You can also use a QR Code to take a quick poll or to collect feedback. The app works in PowerPoint 2013 or later.
6. LiveWeb – Insert Live Webpages in Your Presentation
LiveWeb adds live webpages right inside your PowerPoint presentation and refreshes these pages in real time during a slide show. LiveWeb allows you to interact with any website as if you’re using a browser. The app works with PowerPoint 97 or later.
7. PowerPoint Labs – Visual Enhancements for Your Slides
PowerPoint Labs is a time-saving tool that offers several features to make your presentation more eye-catching. For example, the add-in enables you to light up a certain piece of a slide; highlight bullet points, segments of text and background; zoom a particular section of a slide; crop out a single object of an image, etc. The app works with PowerPoint 2010 and PowerPoint 2013.
Each of these add-ins provides a specific value for a professional organization, large or small. Alone or together, they are a great way to enhance the look and feel of your presentation, add eye-catching effects, share your presentations on the web, and much more. PowerPoint alone has a lot of capabilities, but these tools take it higher and farther than it goes alone.
Now that you know how to get the most of using PowerPoint for content creation, share YOUR experience with us. We’ll be glad to hear from you!