Today’s post was authored by HippoCampus.org. The website features hundreds of online videos, tutorials, slideshows and more that cover subjects like math, science, history, and humanities. Below are a few content-writing tip by the HippoCampus team:Whether you are creating content for the internet, promotional items or a presentation, you will need to ensure that your content is eye-catching. Our vision is bombarded daily by all sorts of images and information. Here are some tips on how to make your media stand out.
- Make it funny or quirky! People like to smile, put a smile on their face and they’ll be forever grateful to you. You always want your viewers to feel good about what you have provided them.
- Use emotion. If there is no way to be funny about your topic, do something that viewers will emotionally connect to.
- Less words, more pictures. Using short video clips and incorporating pictures is always important. As cliché as it is to say, a picture is worth a thousand words.
- Make it colorful. Bold and contrasting colors can draw the eye to important parts of your media.
- Use something familiar. Whether it’s a celebrity, a cartoon, a song or Frosty the snowman make your concept feel less confusing by using a well-known element.
- Be unexpected! Give a shocking fact or exhibit an unusual image. Get attention by being different.
- Make it relatable. This relates to number 4. Find something your audience all has in common and relate it to your content.
- Keep it simple. Give viewers the information they need and then stop. Don’t overwhelm anyone! Within a few seconds of viewing your content, the main point should be clear.