iSpring e-Learning authoring tools have the maximum copmatibility level with Blackboard LMS. Blackboard has known reporting issues with plain SCORM courses. Therefore, we incorporated these options especially for Blackboard. First, there is an option to publish your course in the Blackboard-compatible format for fluent reporting (it is still SCORM 2004 but with BB specific). iSpring also provides a certified Building Block to upload published course packages.
Publishing content to Blackboard involves three stages:
- Install the iSpring building block for Blackboard (do it only once).
- Publish your content for Blackboard in the iSpring authoring tool.
- Upload your content to Blackboard.
Did you know that iSpring is the only e-Learning authoring tool vendor that features a certified building block for the Blackboard LMS?
Install the iSpring Building Block for Blackboard
- 1Download the iSpring building block for Blackboard.
- 2Log in to your Blackboard account as an administrator.
- 3Open the System Admin tab.
- 4Go to Building Blocks/Installed Tools.
- 5Click the Upload Building Blocks button.
- 6Click the Browse button and navigate to the downloaded file iSpring_blackboard.war.
- 7Click the Submit button.
"iSpring Plugin" will be added to the list of installed building blocks. Now that you have installed it, you have to enable it.
- 8Find "iSpring Plugin" in the list.
- 9Choose Available from both drop-down menus to activate it.
Publish to Blackboard format
Open the publishing window by clicking the Publish button on the iSpring panel in PowerPoint. Then perform the following steps:
- 1Select the LMS tab on the left.
- 2Switch to the Learning Course tab on the top.
Select Blackboard 9.x in the Type drop-down menu.
- 4Click the Publish button to produce a learning package.
iSpring Suite publishing window:
Note: Check the General tab to make sure that you publish all slides and use the zip output option.
You can also tweak your course parameters (see the table below).
|Rate number of slides viewed
||Choose the minimum number of slides that must be viewed.
||Specify how many points are awarded for viewing all slides.
||Specify how much weight the score above has in the final score.
||Select this checkbox to take the results of the listed quizzes into account in the final score.
|Use total grade
||Select this checkbox if you want to add the total grade to the Blackboard Grade Book.
||Specify the maximum score a user can get by viewing all slides and completing all quizzes.
||Specify the minimum number of points a user should score to pass the lesson.
Learn more about report progress and copmletion settings →
Add SCORM Content to Blackboard
Now that you have generated a zipped package, you can upload it to Blackboard:
- 1On the Content page in Blackboard, move the mouse over the More button and click the Add iSpring Content button.
- 2Click the Browse for Local File button and choose the package you have published with iSpring.
- 3Click Submit.
Edit the properties of the content item, if necessary.
||Type your lesson name here.
||Type a brief description of your lesson here.
||Type the name for a content item here.
|Add to grade book
||Register the score of an individual content item in the grade book.
||Specify the weight of a given content item in the lesson.
|Add total mark to grade book
||Select this checkbox if you want to add the total mark of the lesson to the grade book.
||Select this radio button if you prefer percentage to total score.
||Specify how high a percentage the student should score to complete the lesson.
||Select this radio button, if you prefer total score to percentage.
||Specify the maximum number of points a student can earn in this lesson.
||Specify how many points a student should score to complete this lesson.
|Limit lesson duration
||Specify the period of time a student can study the lesson.
||Specify the date and time after which the lesson becomes available.
||Specify the date and time until which the lesson is available.
|Make content visible
||Select this checkbox to let students see this lesson.
|Track number of views
||Select this checkbox if you want the system to register how many times a given lesson has been viewed.
|Grade first attempt only
||Select this checkbox if you want to rate only your students’ first attempts to complete this lesson. For example, if a lesson includes several quizzes, and a student completes only the first quiz at first, the system will rate the first quiz. The next time the student views this lesson and repeats the first quiz, his/her new results will be ignored. The system will register only the results of the subsequent quizzes.
- 5Click the Submit button.
Your package will be uploaded to Blackboard and will appear in the Content list.